10 Questions is a series of short interviews with vegan restaurateurs. We recently spoke with Chandra Gilbert from Cafe Gratitude.
Cafe Gratitude is a vegan restaurant with locations throughout the Bay Area. They feature organic vegan food, sourced from local farmers. The menu has many, many choices to choose from, including raw items, a kid's menu, juice, organic beer and an extensive dessert list. I Am Innocent is an ice cream sundae made from nut milk ice cream, my personal favorite. We sometimes make the trip from Napa to San Rafael just for dessert!
1. Why vegan?
2. What is your restaurant's place in the vegan universe?
3. Favorite dish?
4. Favorite wine/beer/soda pairing with that dish?
5. Favorite quick dinner at home?
6. How often do you skip the main course and go straight to dessert?
7. Favorite vegetable and how do you cook it?
8. Quinoa or amaranth?
9. Thoughts on organic farming?
Check them out at cafegratitude.com.
View blog reactions